Authentic diesel optimization
PPC differs from all diesel boxes
If you’re a bit interested in technology we would like to explain that the PPC differs totally from all diesel boxes (also called plug-in-boxes) on the market. With PPC you get a diesel optimization in all senses, because we optimize the software of the engine instead of mounting boxes and flexes in the engine compartment that distort some signals in order to increase the amount of fuel.
In a modern car there are complex control systems that cooperate with each other to make everything work perfectly. A diesel box manipulates some signals in order to primarily increase the injection time or fuel pressure. Unfortunately, the control system of the car doesn’t register this manipulation. In other words, the control system is deceived by the diesel box. The consequence of this is that a large amount of values and control data will be calculated incorrectly:
- on board computer shows too low fuel consumption
- anti skid program (ESP) is disturbed because of incorrect torque value
- automatic gearboxes get incorrect torque value
- torque reduction when shifting gear (for comfort and durability) is not retained - regeneration/emptying of particle filter will not be optimal
- calculation of exhaust temperature is disturbed
- calculation of service interval is disturbed - diagnostic system is disturbed
The advantages with PPC
If you want to improve the performance of your diesel car without disturbing the safety and durability functions for the engine, transmission and ESP system, the best way to do it is by optimizing the software of the engine control unit. That is exactly what we do with the PPC. With PPC we have total control over all parameters at any moment, and we don’t disturb the safety functions of the car by deceiving the system.
Apart from an obvious power and torque increase you get the following advantages with PPC Tuning System:
- tuning is installed in a few minutes without lifting the hood
- PPC doesn't need to be connected to the car after tuning
- no loose boxes and flexes in the engine compartment
- torque increase is soft and smooth
- torque is adjusted/limited on lower gears (to avoid damage on the transmission)
- boost pressure and air flow is optimized
- reinstalling original settings takes only a few minutes
- on board computer shows correct fuel consumption
- anti skid program (ESP) function is fully retained
- torque reduction when shifting gear (for comfort and durability) is retained
- regeneration (emptying) of particle filter is retained optimal
- correct calculation of exhaust temperature
- correct calculation of service interval
- diagnostic system is retained
- no enlarged NOx emissions compared with original when driving in regulated emission tests.
BSR’s diesel optimization is just as advanced and sophisticated as the optimization we offer for petrol cars. We believe that our customers will notice the difference and appreciate the advantages with BSR’s upgraded software. A diesel optimization from BSR increases the performance of your car and improves the driving experience in combination with the best driveability and durability.